Monday, May 01, 2006

MY EX THE END ( The Dear John Letter )....

Dear Philly,

This may be the hardest letter I ever had to write but I wanted to write you to explain some feeling I am having about you. So many thing have changed within the last few months. For starters, my feelings have changed alot. I know you are a great guy and I love you very much but I am not in love with you the way I use to be. I have been thinking alot about us as a whole and I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to get married anymore. I think the one of the worst things that can be done is to get married when my feeling have changed. The bad part about it all is I know I have been pushing this for a while and it did not happen. Maybe its not in the cards for us. I think what we should do right now is go our separate ways.

As I said, this is diffcult because I know you love me and I know I may never find someone else who loves me like you do. I tried and you tried but when feeling get involve and they change then its a problem. I don't think it would be fair if I did not tell you this. These feeling have been building up for some time. I know you don't agree with some of the things I say but whether I'm right or you're right is not important at the moment. I know its unfortunate things had to come to this but if I am making a mistake I will have to live with the consequenses. Sometimes I think it was not just not meant to be.

Finally, I wanted to write you this letter because for me, things come across better on paper than when speaking to you face to face. You know I always had trouble discussing these type of things with you. Philly, I don't want you to be angry at me or dislike me. I hope after all these years we can still be friends. I feel empty in some ways but then again, I can not change the way I currently feel about us. Lastly, remember you are a good guy and I know many females would love or want to get with you. Please try to remain friends with me.

Love Ebony...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first reaction when I got this letter was like WHOA, THIS SHIT CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME... It really made me think. How do I respond to this??? What should I say her?? It took me about 24 hours to think of something.

Fuck calling, I wrote a letter back too her which I will never publish so don't ask. My letter to her was not bad, negative or anything like that because that's not my style. I just expressed to her my feeling about our relationship and wished her well in her future endeavors. And, like a real nigga, I ask for my ring back and to date I have never received it. I did not stress that situation either because that a small thing to a giant. I just kept it moving and refused to look back. Ebony has since sent me a couple cards and letters over the last couple of years but I never respond to her. Maybe its my pride thats in way or maybe I was just hurt mentality and physically. Whatever the case may, I'm going to stick to the script. Maybe I'll see her in my next life??? But then again, knowing me, I probably will not be looking for her...

THE END..........

3 Comments:

Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I'm kinda fuzzy on the time frame...was she living with you when she wrote you this?

I really can't comment on this because I am quick to break up with someone the easiest possible way. So I've been guilty of an email, a letter, a text message, a carrier pigeon...anything to eliviate any sort of confrontation.

I hope that the feelings this situation created will continue to fade, although I think it may take a while, as evidence that you either rememebr word for word her letter OR you still have her letter around....

I personally think your a nice guy, so my opinion is always going to be biaed. :-)

9:55 AM  
Blogger sweetness said...

i respect the fact u didn't let it linger on. i'm not goin to say she is stupid cause i don't know exactly what she was thinkin or evern goin through. we all live and learn. the ring thing um she should have given it back.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Whatever - I'm glad you've moved on. Her loss!!!!!!!!!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home