Monday, April 17, 2006

MY EX PART II (UNRELEASED)...

A year or so after I proposed to Ebony, she found a job in Philly and moved. Since she was a suburban chick and not used to dangers of the city, I found a nice little apartment outside of the city limits. Her parents, especially her dad, were a little uncomfortable at first, but when the saw the area they quickly realized that there are some decent places to live in the Greater Philadelphia area.

We spent our first night together making love all night in our candle lit bedroom. SHIT, THOUGHT I CREATED PHILLY JR THAT NIGHT. Although I consider myself to be very romantic, this was more of an accident than anything else. My dumb ass forgot to call the electric company and get the power turned on. The next morning or should I say the next afternoon, we unpacked and tried to settle in. Everything was everything and I was not even mad she took up all the closet space with her clothes. Although I must admit, it was a little awkward waking up with someone in the bed with me everyday. I WAS USE TO KICKING BEOOTCHES OUT BY 6:00AM. Except for occasionally wanting to hangout with my squad and coming home all hours of the night, I quickly adapted to cohabitation. No more getting numbers, no more hitting South Street, Delaware Ave, or the Plateau looking for chickens. No more dip'n in and out of clubs look'n for women. I was good. The woman of my dreams and my future wife was waiting for me at home all day everyday.

We got along well. We seldom argued about anything. Truthfully, I can only remember one or two disagreements between me and Ebony. This was a far cry from my parents and how I grew up. My peoples argued about damn near everything until they final realized that they were not meant for each other and separated. It was my parents agruments that made me always want to work things out if or when we disagreed. Since money was the biggest issue growing up in my household, I thought it would be a good idea to split all the house bills 50/50 between me and Ebony. Unfortunately, this did not sit well with her because in her household, Ebony's father paid the mortgage and her mother paid for the utilities, food, and etc..

The reason her dad paid the mortgage was because he made more money then her mother. In our household, we both made the exact same amount of money. The only difference was she had more personal expenses then me. We compromised on how we would run our household and we even included a clause just in case one of us blew up. This compromise was huge for me because my dad was abusive and became violent during agruments with my mother. During one of my dad's classic beatdowns, I made a promise to my mother that I would never hit a woman. To date, I still have never hit a woman and I'm proud of it.

Planning our wedding was the next obstacle. I really did not want to get involved to heavy with it so I let Ebony handle that situation. She was a little upset with me at first, stating I had a nonchalant attitude about this big event. To me, the wedding was more of a show then anything else. I was more concerned with what was going to happen after the lights were turned off. Anyway, we spent hours going over various different places, tasting food, making a guest list and etc.... It finally came down to two places and they both were nice. One place overlooked the river and the other place was an exclusive country club. The only thing left for us to do was to pick a date for our event.

To be continued.. Philly has left the building..........

8 Comments:

Blogger ChezNiki said...

Okay, so I wont call it a 'cliffhanger' ...if you tell me what happened next??!?!?! DiMe!!!
(Im impatient today)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Okay enough already with the cliffhangers. Get to the juicy part please. lol

3:05 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

Phoenix, unfortunately there is no juicy part. This is some real shit right here.. This is not "AS the World Turns"... Part III or should I say the end is on the back burner...

Chez, why are impatient today? I know I might sound like I'm rambling on but this was a very difficult story to write and wanted to make sure I was accurate.

4:58 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

To quote Jay-Z, "I hate waitin'..." but looks like I will be forced to wait for this one...
:-{

5:25 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Yup, you don't know me but I'm still all up in your Business LOL!! Ummmm can we get the end of the story? I mean you last posted on 4/17..what's up with that?

Trying to wait patiently!!! I know you are like who in da hell??? LOL!

7:22 AM  
Blogger sweetness said...

damn i glad to see ur back. i thought stopped writing. so u almost tied the knot. i can't wait to hear the rest.

10:53 AM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

@ Royce, I been lunch'n lately try'n to do couple of things but I will finish the story about my ex. Your all up in my business huh??? That's funny...

@ Sweetness, I did stopped writing for a minute because I did not have anything good to talk about. I don't like to write bullshyt you know.

@ Phoenix, Blah, Blah, Blah. What's that about? Are you try'n to diss me on my own blog?? What's up with that?

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home