Monday, May 01, 2006

MY EX PART III ( When Things Fall Apart )...

A couple of months and a few different marriages by her girlfriends went by and still we did not have a date for our wedding. By now, Ebony had become increasingly frustrated with me on the low and I knew it. She began to say little slick sh*t to me about getting married but I would just ignore her. Then, one day, she broke down and said her pops was in her ear about the apparent delay in our plans. Let the truth be told, her little sister had got knocked up by some funny style nigga from North Jersey. Old boy then cut her off and started f*uck'n wit the next chick when she was six months pregnant with his child. Of course, that did not sit well with her pops or mom dukes, so now your boy Philly was under the gun and getting "MADD GRIEF" from her peoples.

Naturally, I was a little upset by the drama and the bullshyt but I tried to stay focused. Then, I got hit with the Tyson ( Iron Mike ) blow. My boss called me into his office about 2:00 pm for a meeting. He got right to the point and explained to me that the department I was overseeing was underachieving and was not generating enough revenue to make the business profitable for the agency. Thus, it would either be sold or closed within six months. HMMMMM.. My life seemed to flash right before my eyes that day. Not only was I having problems at home, now I was going to be unemployed. With no questions or comments, I left the meeting with my boss tighted lipped and head back to my office. Five o'clock could not come fast enough that day.

I went home and waited for Ebony. She got home late because she was getting her hair done. I sat on the edge of the couch try'n to get my thoughts together. Finally, Ebony came home. I explained to her what had went down at work. She looked perplexed when I told her and did not have a comment. She was literally speechless. About a week later, I ended up in the hospital for couple of days. I was admitted to the intensive care unit. My blood pressure was spiraling out of control and I did not even know it. I was diagnosed with hypertension and promptly placed on medication. Shit was getting crazier by the minute for me, but I was just try'n to maintain and see it through. Luckily, my high blood pressure was caught in time and I did not damage any of my internal organs.

With the wedding kinda of sort of on the back burner our relationship soured. Ebony was merely going through the motions. We began to agree to disagree about everything. Also, I noticed she was either calling or going home on the regular. THIS IS CLEARLY NOT A GOOD LOOK I SAY TO MYSELF....

To be continued...

4 Comments:

Blogger sweetness said...

hello finish the story already!

2:27 PM  
Blogger PhillyLive said...

The story is finished Sweetness. I just did not post it yet. I was try'n to get that soap opera effect.. lol.......

4:25 PM  
Blogger sweetness said...

let me finish it. she is three months pregnant by another man, she wakes decides not to tell u, but one nite a women called ur cell phone and it pissed her off and she told she was pregnant and ur not the daddy. then u kicked her out. The End! lol

6:07 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I agree with sweeteness hurry up nigga..Get this shyt over with..This ain't All My Children

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home